Telecom Argentina distributes 51 thousand Flow STBs in Q4 2020, and ends the year with more than 3.5 million pay TV subscribers

As part of its Q4 2020 results report presentation, officially released on March 9th, 2020, Telecom Argentina ended 2020 with more than 3.5 million pay TV subscribers, a figure that has remained stable in recent periods, and a total of 1,221 million Flow Boxes distributed.

This way, the company has distributed 265 thousand Flow STBs between Q4 2019 and the same period 2020 (when it reported 971 Flow Boxes distributed), and 51 thousand in the last three months, since the company ended Q3 2020 with 1,170 million Flow STBs in service. In addition, the Telecom Argentina report informs that its pay TV offer in the last three months  2020 added 26 thousand clients – a 0.7% increase – in comparison with subscribers to this service at the end of 2019. The monthly ARPU of Telecom Argentina’s pay TV offer as of December 31, 2020 was valued at AR$ 1,382.2 (USD 15), while the average monthly churn for the period was 1%, a figure below 1.3%. reported in Q4 2019.

During Q4 2020, Flow reported 5 million connected devices and 70 million views, which were made via Flow Box by 83%; and through Flow App in the remaining 17%. The company also reported that the average hours of content viewing per customer on Flow during the last quarter of the year was 7.7 hours. Currently, Flow Box has integrated YouTube, YouTube Kids, Netflix apps, and also the one of Disney+, which was launched in Argentina and Latin America on November 17th last year. In addition, at the end of February, Cablevision Uruguay (Telecom) announced the integration of Disney’s new SVOD OTT on Flow STBs also for its clients in that country, offering it for free for a 90-days period.

Telecom Argentina also reported that, to meet the entertainment needs of its customers during the pandemic period, it provided free access to the Flow App for all Cablevision’s customers, its pay TV offer, who could download the application from any device. In addition, the company launched Flow Now, which allows Fibertel’s customers (Telecom Argentina’s internet offering) to access Flow. Before this launch, Flow was only available to the company’s pay TV customers, as a TV Everywhere platform.

|