Telecom Argentina continues increasing Flow Boxes distribution and keeps its pay TV base stable

As part of its Q3 2020 quarterly results report presentation , Telecom Argentina reported a total of 3.6 million pay TV subscribers (offered through the Cablevision pay TV operator), and 1,170 million Flow Boxes distributed. The number of Flow STBs made an increase of 92 thousand in relation to the 1,078 thousand that had been distributed at the end of Q2 2020, and 297 thousand more regarding the 873 thousand Flow STBs that had been distributed at the end of Q3 2019. Likewise, the pay TV customer base remained similar to the customers recorded in Q2 2020.

The report also highlighted that, at the end of Q3 2020, 94 million views were recorded in Flow, of which 82% were made via Flow Box; and the remaining 18% through Flow App. The company also reported a total of 5 million connected devices during the period, as well as reported that the average hours of viewing content on Flow was 9.65 hours per client. Currently, Flow Box has the YouTube, YouTube Kids and Netflix apps integrated and, as of November 17th, it will also add the Disney+ app, which will soon be launched in Latin America.

The number of pay TV subscribers of the company totaled almost 3.6 million, and the monthly pay TV ARPU reached AR $ 1,285.3 (USD 16). On the other hand, the average monthly churn for the period was 0.9%, being 1.3% in 9M19. Similarly, during the third quarter, the company continued to add new content and co-productions to its Flow platform, including Argentine film titles, as part of its strategy to promote the development of local production.