Tag Archives: digital

Chilean FTA network UCV TV is now TV+

From this November 21, FTA network UCV TV of Chile stopped calling itself like this to make way for its new denomination TV+. This change of name was already being devised by Media 23 Spa company when it acquired 90% of the channel in mid-2017 (the remaining 10% was kept by Catholic University of Valparaíso). [...]

TV Perú mejora su señal de TDT y planea lanzamiento de canal internacional en HD tras renovar con Intelsat

El canal público peruano TV Perú, perteneciente al Instituto Nacional de Radio y Televisión, renovó contrato con la compañía satelital Intelsat en virtud de sumar calidad y alcance sobre el territorio peruano de su canal de TDT (Televisión Digital Terrestre) y posicionarse de cara al próximo lanzamiento de su señal internacional en alta definición. A [...]

Peru TV improves its DTT signal and plans the international cannel launching in HD after new deal with Intelsat

Peruvian public channel Peru TV, part of the Instituto Nacional de Radio y Televisión, resign their contract with satellite Company Intelsat in order to bring quality and range over the Peruvian territory for their DTT channel, and also settle facing the launching of their international signal in high definition. Locally, Peru TV continues using Intelsat [...]

Costa Rica confirms date for analogue TV blackout in 2019

Costa Rica confirmed that on August 15, 2019, it will suspend analogue television broadcasts. “There is no way back,” said the Minister of Science, Technology and Telecommunications, Luis Adrián Salazar, in an event held just one year before the blackout. The process of transition from analogue to digital television was expected to end in December [...]

Mexico Megacable TV subscriber base continues to grow and reaches 3.1 million

Mexican telecom operator Megacable finished the first quarter of 2018 with a growing number of subscribers in its TV segment, registering 3.1 million users (61 thousand net additions). This represents a 2% increase, compared to the previous period. This is the fourth consecutive quarter that the company ends with a growth in TV subscribers, after [...]

Megacable de México continua tendencia de crecimiento de su base de suscriptores de TV y alcanza los 3,1 millones

El operador mexicano de telecomunicaciones Megacable finalizó el primer trimestre de 2018 nuevamente con crecimiento de suscriptores en su segmento de televisión, al registrar 3,1 millones de usuarios (61mil adiciones netas). Esto representa un incremento del 2% si se lo compara con el último período Es el cuarto trimestre consecutivo que la compañía termina con [...]