Pantaya strengthens its catalog with Elefantec Global productions

Production company Elefantec Global has recently announced a new partnership agreement with the SVOD OTT Pantaya, focused on Hispanic audiences in the US. The two companies have run a new deal in order to create feature films, original series, and other entertainment offerings for Latin audiences in the country. 

‘We are thrilled to partner with our friends at Elefantec Global’, reported Paul Presburger, CEO at Pantaya. ‘Their impressive track record of creating high-end, culturally relevant content that resonates with different segments of the Hispanic Latin audience seamlessly aligns with our own company’s mission and values. These additions to the Pantaya offering are a testament to our commitment to providing our valued subscribers with high-quality entertainment via a format and platform specifically designed for them’, the executive added.

According to Pepe Baston, Co-Founder at Elefantec Global, from the company they are ‘extremely pleased to see that our latest series created by the studio we founded two years ago are being co-developed with Pantaya’. Baston has also reported that the new deal ‘represents another important step in helping us to realize our vision of bringing together top Latin creative talent to develop content for the global Latin audience’.

According to the information that was reported, ‘Telenovela’ will run for eight episodes, and its plot will follow a telenovela star who enlists the help of a skeptical young writer to reinvigorate her career and save the telenovela genre at a struggling network. ‘La rebelion de las esposas’ will be a six-episode drama, focused on the consequences of a life-changing decision made by four friends; tired and bored of their marriages. Finally, ‘Sonido Latino’ will be an eight-episode dramedy set in Miami. It will be based on the world of Latin music through the eyes of a very successful manager who has to balance the passion she feels for her work managing world-class musicians along with all their eccentricities, and her personal life which is slowly unraveling. 

The partnership takes place after Pantaya was acquired by Hemisphere Media Group last April. According to the terms of the transaction, Hemisphere, which previously owned 25% of the platform, agreed with Lionsgate -owner of the remaining 75 %-, the acquisition of the full SVOD OTT, for USD 124 million in cash.