As part of its Q4 2020 results presentation, the Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogota (ETB) reported that its fixed customer base added 24 thousand new users during 2020, totaling 901 thousand customers as of December 31st last year. The Colombian telecommunications company also highlighted the growth shown by its FTTH customer base, which added 127 thousand clients during 2020 and ended the year with 493 thousand customers, tripling the number of new subscribers reported in 2019.
According to the information provided by ETB, the company’s FTTH client base ended 2019 with 366 thousand clients. Between January and March 2020, the base added 29 thousand clients and totaled 395 thousand. In Q2, ETB’s FTTH clients continued to increase: it totaled 433 thousand, adding 38 thousand between March 31st and June 30th. Towards the end of September, the company’s FTTH customer base reported 468 thousand users, that is, 35 thousand more than the figure reported at the end of Q2. Finally, in the last quarter of 2020, 25 thousand new clients were reported, and the company featured a total of 493 thousand.
During 2020, ETB’s TV customer base reported 138 thousand subscribers. The figure describes a growth of 14 thousand clients compared to the 124 thousand reported in Q4 2019. In comparison to Q3 2020, ETB made a growth of 4 thousand clients, since it ended September with 134 thousand subscribers to its TV offer.
According to ETB’s report, of the 901 thousand fixed service clients that the company reported as of December 31st, 2020, 408 thousand users belong to cable TV, and 493 thousand to FTTH. Although during 2019 and previous years the cable customer base was higher than that of FTTH in terms of subscribers, as of Q3 2020, FTTH customers represented more than 50% of ETB’s total customers. According to the figures reported by the Colombian company, as of December 31st, 2020, 55% of its fixed clients are part of its FTTH base, while the remaining 45% belongs to its cable TV offer.
The number of broadband users also showed a positive behavior, with a growth of 62 thousand clients compared to December 2019, and 10 thousand clients compared to September 2020. The total of ETB’s broadband clients was 620 thousand users in December 2019. In March 2020 it reported 632 thousand; in June 655 thousand; in September, 672 thousand; and in December, 682 thousand. During Q4 2020, 193 thousand copper broadband users were informed; and 490 thousand users of broadband via FTTH. ETB also reported that 72% of its total broadband clients now hire FTTH service.