40% Vivo’s customers are already on IPTV

In its quarterly results report presentation on Q1 2019, the Brazilian company Vivo, Telefonica’s subsidiary in the country, recorded USD 119 million pay TV operating revenues. The company had USD 110 million revenues in FTTH and USD 50 million in IPTV . Vivo had a 50% growth in the FTTH market between Q1 of 2018 and the same period 2019, and increased its performance in IPTV by 45% in the first quarter of 2019, area in which it already recorded more than 40% of its customers.

Vivo’s pay TV accesses were 41% in the IPTV area during the first quarter of the year, and the other 59% remained in DTH. In comparison with Q1 2018, the DTH area reduced its customers, because, at that period, it had 73% of subscribers, while the IPTV sector recorded only a 27%.

The report also emphasizes on how Vivo expanded itself in the FTTH market. In 2018, the company expanded the service to 121 cities, and increased these number to 130 in this year’s Q1. Last year, Vivo recorded 8.7 million FTTH HP’s, and these figure went up to 9 million during this year’s first quarter. The company also launched its FTTH service in nine Brazilian cities and towns: Boituva, Cabedelo, Catanduva, Mafra, Santa Maria, São Bento do Sul, São José do Rio Pardo, Varginha and Vitória. Apart from that, Vivo is known as the largest IPTV operator in Brazil, and IPTV represents 80.6% of accesses in the country.