According to data released by Venezuelan regulator Conatel, the country’s pay TV market ended the second quarter of 2017 with 4.8 million subscribers, a figure that represents a decrease of 1.4% compared to previous quarter and 3.8% compared to same quarter last year.
Household penetration fell from 67.01% in Q216 to 63.58% in Q317. Among the regions with the highest number of subscribers are Miranda (573,000), Zulia (530,000), Carabobo (445,000) and the Federal District (417,000).
The largest operator of the market in terms of subscribers, DirecTV, ended the period with 2.06 million customers (42.8% market share). In turn, Intercable reached 15.2% of market share, Cantv 14.1%, Telefónica 9.4%, Netuno 2.8% and other operators 15.7%. Figures are preliminary, according to Conatel. DTH operators accounted for 67% of total subscriber base, while cable TV systems accounted the remaining 33%.