Argentina´s Canal 12 launches in HD Canal 12 de Argentina se lanza en HD

The free-to-air broadcaster Canal 12 (El Doce), from the Argentine province of Córdoba, launches its HD channel on May 28. Therefore, according to what the company has stated in a press release, “it is the first TV channel outside Buenos Aires in producing all of its contents in High Definition”. Doce HD is available in the MSO Cablevisión’s channel 619.

“This is a big step of a project that includes the production of high definition local content. We are proud of being at the technological forefront and of being the first channel in Córdoba and the interior of the country. El Doce HD launching accounts for the addition to continuous investment, re-equipping and human resources training processes”, stated Ricardo Blanco, General Manager of Telecor, company that operates the channel and belongs to Artear (Clarín Group).

El Doce is the Argentine TV oldest private channel. Artear holds the 85% of its stake, while the remaining 15% is in hands of its founders’ heirs. The Channel mainly re-broadcasts programming of the national broadcaster Canal 13 and also relies on its own local production shows.

Artear is Clarín Group’s company devoted to the production and broadcasting of TV channels. The firm operates the national free-to-air TV Canal 13 and Pay-TV channels TN, Volver, Magazine, Quiero and Metro. La señal de TV abierta Canal 12 (El Doce), de la provincia de Córdoba en Argentina, lanza el 28 de mayo su señal en HD. De esta manera, “se consagra como el primer canal de aire del interior del país que produce todos sus contenidos en Alta Definición”, indicó la empresa en un comunicado. El Doce HD está disponible en el Canal 619 de el MSO Cablevisión.

“Este es un gran paso de un proyecto que incluye la producción de contenidos locales en alta definición. Es un orgullo para nosotros estar a la vanguardia tecnológica y ser los primeros de Córdoba y del interior del país. El lanzamiento de El Doce HD es la sumatoria de continuos procesos de inversiones, reequipamiento y capacitación de nuestros recursos humanos”, dijo Ricardo Blanco, Gerente General de Telecor, empresa que opera el canal y que pertenece a Artear (Grupo Clarín). La compañía no especificó si también podrá verse en HD por aire, aunque probablemente esté por el momento sólo en cable, al igual que Canal 13 HD (también del mismo grupo).

El Doce es el canal privado más antiguo de la televisión argentina. Artear posee el 85% de participación accionaria, mientras que el 15% restante está en manos de herederos de los fundadores. El canal en SD retransmite mayormente la programación del broadcaster nacional Canal 13 y posee también programas de producción local.

Artear es la empresa del Grupo Clarín dedicada a la producción y emisión de canales de TV. La firma opera la señal nacional de TV abierta Canal 13 y los canales de TV paga TN, Volver, Magazine, Quiero y Metro.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Print this pageEmail this to someone